Oven Baked Crispy Bacon, Baby Pea & Prawn Risotto
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 Cups Risotto rice (Arborio rice)
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 4 Cups Well flavoured chicken stock
- 1 Lemon Grated rind & juice
- 12 Rashers Rindless streaky bacon
- 2 Cups Frozen or fresh baby peas
- 100 Grams Butter
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Cups Cooked peeled prawns (can be defrosted frozen prawns)
Oven Baked Crispy Bacon, Baby Pea & Prawn Risotto Directions
- Easy to cook and as delicious as a long process hand-stirred classic risotto. When time and inclination to be too long in the kitchen are lacking (i.e. all summer long) I resort to this easy risotto method
Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a 20 x 30 cm lasagna dish with non-stick baking spray.
Place the rice, wine, stock and lemon rind and juice into the prepared dish. Cover with a tight fitting lid or sheet of firmly secured tinfoil. Bake for 35 minutes.
Place the bacon rashers in a roasting dish and bake in the same oven as the risotto until crispy. Drain on paper towels and chop or crumble. Set aside.
Remove the lid from the dish and stir in the chopped bacon, peas, butter, salt & freshly ground black pepper and prawns. Return to the oven for a further 5 - 10 minutes. Serve with fresh crusty bread