Place rice, coconut milk, water and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes, then fluff up with a fork.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 1/2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 100 ML Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflour Oil
- 2 Eggs Lightly beaten
- 2 Red Chiilis De-seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves Finely chopped
- 6 Spring Onions Finely sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
Coconut Rice Directions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Pour in the eggs, swirling to coat the base in a thin layer. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes until set, then slide out onto a board and roll up and slice thinly.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the chilli, garlic, lime leave and half the spring onion. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until softened, then add the rice, soy sauce, egg and coriander. Toss To combine.
Divide into serving bowls and garnish with shallots, toasted coconut, lime wedges and the remaining spring onion.
To garnish –
fried Asian shallots
toasted shredded coconut